Flying Solo — Best Cities for Singles to Move To
Being single isn’t the end of the world. In fact, it’s the start of a whole new adventure, especially when you combine it with the excitement of moving to a new place. New sights, experiences, food are one thing to look forward to, but a fresh dating pool is even better. No need to hit up old exes, and no need to drop your standards to find new dates.
If you’re moving to a new place alone, it might be worth your time to look up the gender ratio of your next location. The bigger the gap between you and your preferred gender, the better your chances at finding dates. Location is everything, and with some planning and a bit of smooth talking, you may find yourself in the middle of an exciting love life.
Here are five big cities worth looking into, especially if you’re single and ready to mingle.
- Santa Clara, California boasts a high 16.7% more men than women, making it perfect for any woman looking for an abundance of options. It’s also smack in the middle of Silicon Valley, which only improves your chances of finding a date with a stable job, and maybe some money to spend!
- El Paso, Texas. Along with an abundance of culture, El Paso offers more than just spirit. With 27.3% more women than men, it’s a good place to start if you’re looking for a madam. It has also been ranked as the safest city in the U.S for four consecutive years, priming it for anyone looking for a more peaceful, danger-free lifestyle.
- New Orleans, Louisiana. Another place that prides itself on its vivid culture, New Orleans is more than just a port city. It’s a historic hot spot, and a good place to pick up a date with flair. This major Louisiana city has 15.5% more women than men, making it perfect for any bachelors looking for some excitement.
- San Francisco, California. With 12.3% more men than women, San Fran offers more than its tourist hot spots. A prime example of city life, San Francisco real estate offers great places to see the sights, eat good food, and pick up a date along the way. Even if you don’t find a handsome bachelor, there’s always things to do!
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. With over 1.5 million residents, there is a 14.1% gap between women and men. Philly is a beautiful, historic place full of beautiful women and don’t forget about the beautiful real estate in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania! The city of Philadelphia was the birthplace of several beauties, including Lauren Cohan and Kat Dennings.
Adventure is afoot, and romance is in the air! These cities are good places to start if you’re looking for your next date, and the city atmosphere is bound to improve your chances. Even if you aren’t looking for a long-term relationship, keeping yourself open to romance is never a bad idea, but if you decide you enjoy single life more, these big cities also boast bright night lives. A real estate agent familiar with your chosen city can tell you more.